Advent Cry is supported by your prayers and donations. Your contributions are well appreciated. Thank you.
You are about to learn what the kidneys are, their functions, what causes kidney problems, what kidney stones are, and how to prevent and remove kidney stones.
What are the kidneys?
The kidneys are two organs in our bodies that shape like a bean. They are located below the rib cage, one being on each side of the rib and they are about the size of a fist.
How do the kidneys function?
Both the kidneys filter up to about 120 – 150 quarts of blood each day to produce 1 to 2 quarts of urine, mainly composes of waste and extra fluid.
The urine in the kidneys flows to the bladder through two thin tubes called the ureters that are located on each side of the bladder.
The bladder collects and stores urine while the muscles of the bladder remain to relax as it is being filled up with urine.
When the bladder is filled with urine, a signal is sent to the brain, telling the person to go to the restroom.
As the person begins to urinate, the muscles of the bladder contract, causing the urine to flow through a tube located at the bottom of the bladder called the urethra.
The urethra in men is long and the urethra in the woman is short.
What may cause problems in the kidneys?
There are several things that may cause problems in the kidneys, but the two most common issues are infections and kidney stones. An infection in the kidneys is mainly caused by a urinary tract infection (UTI) that spreads towards the kidneys.
NOTE: An infected kidney can be deadly if left untreated, so be sure to consult a doctor if you suspect an infection in your kidneys.
What are kidney stones?
These are stones formed inside the kidneys when minerals in the urine harden and crystallize. There are two types of kidney stones: Uric acid and Calcium Oxalate stones. The type of stone discovered in your kidneys may help in the prevention and treatment process.
Kidney stones may cause discomfort base on where the stone is located; if the stone is in the ureter it may cause pain while passing urine and you may experience difficulties urinating. Symptoms often include increased frequency and urgency with urination, pain in the abdomen and lower back. In some cases, blood may be in the urine.
NOTE: If you see blood in urine, see a doctor right away.
Other things that may cause kidney problems are chemotherapy, exposure to toxins, and venom from snakes, insects, and disorders like diabetes, heart failure, and lupus.
How to get rid of kidney stones and flush the kidney of toxins?
The kidneys clean themselves, but you will do your kidneys a good favor with this simple kidney detox recipe.
TOTAL TIME: 3 – 5 Minutes
SERVES: 8 Glasses
DIET-TYPE: Vegan, Vegetarian
- 4 Tbsp Organic Lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Organic Lemon
- 8 Cups Purified Water
- Mix 4 Tablespoon Organic Lemon juice with 4 Tablespoon Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and drink it right away.
- Drink 1 8oz glass of purified water right after you have consumed the mixture and wait 30 minutes
- After the 30 minutes, squeeze 1/2 lemon in the next 8oz glass of purified water and drink.
- Repeat this process 8 times throughout the day from step 1 to step 3 until symptoms improve or stones are eliminated.
- Other remedies you can take are Dandelion Root, Pomegranate Juice and you can even cook with kidney beans, Organic Celery and Basil because studies have shown that they all have an amazing cleansing effect on the kidneys.
- How to prevent kidney problems?
- Stay away from soda and energy drinks as these things often cause the formation of stones in the kidneys and give the kidneys a lot of work.
Other remedies you can take are Dandelion Root and Pomegranate Juice. You can even cook with kidney beans, Organic Celery and Basil because studies have shown that they all have an amazing cleansing effect on the kidneys.
How to prevent kidney problems?
Stay away from soda and energy drinks as these things often cause the formation of stones in the kidneys and give the kidneys a lot of work.
Drink plenty of clean, purified water, because top-water is known as hard water and is filled with extra minerals that may cause the workload on the kidneys to be heavy and difficult.
We wish you the best of success with your kidneys. Go to our home page here to learn more about Health Reform and Bible Studies